Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Before and After....

Ok...ok...I said I would be better about blogging and here we are a month later. So maybe I am not much of a blogger...or maybe I have just been busy lately, not really sure but maybe this will be more of a monthly update kind of thing! Well.. what have we been up to lately...adding a room to our house! We started construction (or I should say our contractor started construction in the beginning of July and we finished up in the beginning of August.) They added a half wall to enclose the room, a closet, and a door and then there was a room! A couple of extra things we had them do too where build custom shelving, a built in toy box that is also a bench seat under her window, closet organizer, and a ceiling fan. This all started a domino effect of projects in our house but all things that needed to be done. (Or so says the pregnant lady that is completely in nesting mode right now.) More on that later...

The last couple of weeks we have been moving Ariana's things into her new big girl room and now I think we are finally finished! My mom (Nana) is just making a bench cushion seat for under the window and some fun pillows for the room and then we will be completely done! It started off as our loft and we had it converted to a bedroom. Soooooooo much easier than moving or having to have Sean give up his home office. Since that is his only office it was kinda a no brainer to do this. We are very happy with it and already have made some great memories in there! It also made me realize that "holy crap" we really are having another baby... as I emptied out the nursery and got things back to "newborn" stage it has really kind of starting sinking in. Well that and the growing belly that has kinda been slowing me down lately.

BEFORE:






AFTER:


She loves her new room and sleeps in her big girl bed for naps and bedtime now!



Doesn't look like the same room does it?





Yeah, I know the bed rails really don't go with the room but you gotta have them! She has already fallen out once but rebounded pretty good!



She loves loves loves sitting at her table and coloring and playing with stickers. She instructs daddy and I where to sit each time. Good thing those chairs are a little bigger in order to hold us!



Her reading corner...which she does a lot of too... she also instructs us "More Book Mommy, More Book Daddy"



More storage under the bed... very nice since our loft is where we kept a lot of toys. I was going for ultimate storage in this room and wow did we get it. If you look hard enough you can see part of the new closet...I forgot to get a good pic of that. But she has a BIG closet now and it is already full! Have you ever seen a 1 1/2 year old with so many shoes!?





She has a built in toy box that is also her bench seat. She loves to sit there and read and look out the window! So much fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, this looks so nice and I can't wait to come over and play in her new room.

Love,
Auntie Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love this room.......Will have the pillows done soon.Been a tad busy lately....kisses,Nana

Anonymous said...

Anna,
This is SO awesome! You are the BEST mom. I love the pink and brown...you decorated it so, so well. Absolutely adorable!!
=) Mel